Classes that fit your needs!
What are FLEX Classes?
Sit n' Stay offers the most flexible group training classes available known as "FLEX Training." FLEX obedience training is a group program offering drop in training sessions several times per week. With a FLEX membership pass, you can come to our drop-in classes as often as you like on any day they are offered. Get as much or as little training as you want or need based on your own expectations for your dog. Some of our students come several times a week! If you miss a week, you are not losing money! Check our schedule to see when each level is offered. Move through all of our FLEX levels or choose to stay at a lower level. The choice is yours!
Held at 2881 Southwestern Blvd, Orchard Park, NY 14127. REGISTER HERE!
Benefits of FLEX training classes:
- orientation can be done online, allowing you to start at any time of year
- all the dogs in each level are at a similar stage in training which allows the instructor to better address the needs of each dog
- work at your own skill level for as long as necessary so there is no falling behind since there is no requirement to move up
- students can revisit a lower level at any time to brush up on previous skills or if that time frame works better for you on a particular night
- dogs move in and out of each level throughout the training, which provides new dogs as distractions each week
- students can take time off if they have a busy week or go out of town
- attend more than one session a week if you are able to do so
- Confused?! Think of these are your kids swim lessons… you start at Level 1 and move up as you progress in your skills. The only difference here is that you don’t have to pay for a 6 or 7 week session… you are purchasing a pass which allows YOU to control your schedule!
How do FLEX Classes work?
With a FLEX membership pass, you purchase a 5-40 class package. During your membership period, you start out at Level 1, and move up in the levels as your dog progresses. If they have had prior training, no problem! You still start at Level 1 to get assessed, but may only be at Level 1 for one class! You move up to the level that your dog needs, and can always take as many classes as you like at the Level you are at, or anything lower. Finally, training with a flexible schedule!
Membership Pass Pricing:
*Please note these passes are ONLY good for our Drop In FLEX Classes*
*Only one dog allowed per pass*
- 5 pack $125 ($25 per class) expires in 3 months
- 10 pack $220 ($22 per class) expires in 4 months
- 15 pack $300 ($20 per class) expires in 6 months
- 25 pack $450 ($18 per class) expires in 9 months
- 40 pack $600 ($15 per class) expires in 1 year
§ For a 5-10 pack, with regular attendance in class and at-home practice, owners can expect their dog to move to Level 2 and possibly Level 3
§ For a 15 pack, with regular attendance in class and at-home practice, most owners can expect their dogs to move to Level 3 and possibly Level 4
§ For a 25-40 pack, with regular attendance in class and at-home practice, most owners can expect their dogs to be working well in Level 3 and many dogs will be able to pass Level 4
§ In Addition for a 40 pack pass purchase:
§ 20% discount on speciality classes during your membership period
§ 10% discount on private lessons during your membership period
§ LEVEL 1: STARTING OUT. Level 1 will introduce the basic commands sit, down, touch, stationary attention, and the name game. We'll also work on problem behaviors such as jumping, play-biting and house-training. All dogs (even those with prior training) start in level 1.
Requirements to move to Level 2: Dog can sit and down on command and touch. Dog will respond readily to his name with mild distractions.
§ LEVEL 2: MANNERS TRAINING. We'll work on walking politely on a loose leash without pulling, paying attention to the owner while walking, and ignoring other dogs. We'll also begin working on come and stay. Level 2 includes problem-solving information for behaviors such as barking, digging, chewing, etc.
Requirements to move to Level 3: Dog can walk nicely around the training area with attention on owner (and no pulling) with other dogs 4-5 feet away. Dog will come when called on leash with mild distractions.
§ LEVEL 3: ADDING DISTRACTIONS. We'll work on a long-distance come command, stay with distractions, loose-leash walking past distractions, and distance commands.
Requirements to move to Level 4: Dog will stay for 30 seconds with mild distractions and owner standing on the leash. Dog will heel past other dogs with leash over owner's shoulder. Dog will come from 20 feet away with moderate distractions.
§ LEVEL 4: ADVANCED TRAINING. We'll work on polishing the come command and teaching an emergency come, strengthen the stay command by teaching the dog to stay for longer periods of time at a greater distance from the owner, work on turns and automatic sit in heeling.
Level 4 goals: Dog can heel off-leash past other dogs and distractions. Dog will stay 10 feet away from owner for 3 minutes with distractions. Dog will come off leash past distractions from 30 feet away.
Have a Puppy or Dog who is Reactive or Nervous? No problem.
FLEX Puppy Classes are perfect for puppies who are just starting their training. You get the flexibility of coming when you can. Attend 6 weeks of class at your pace and once you are ready for the next level, you move on up!
Confident Canine Classes are designed for those pups who aren't quite ready to start a Level 1 class due to lack of confidence, poor social skills, nervousness or a number of other factors. We know these issues can be frustrating and stressful for the owner, but attending our Confident Canine class will get you and your dog to feel more confident, relaxed and ready to move on to our Level 1 program.
See our class schedule for all of our dates and click on a Drop In FLEX class to register and purchase your package today! REGISTER HERE!